Fair, functional tax reform could forever change the direction of this country.
At this historic moment, your support has enabled Heritage to play a major role in this opportunity to reform the tax code for the first time since 1986.
We’ve been working to lead all lawmakers in our direction to bring about conservative tax reform.
As an example of that influence, Thursday, the Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, came to Heritage to speak on tax reform.
Watch his remarks below:
Tax reform is a critical issue that is needed to give new life to our economy and put more money back in the pockets of the taxpayer.
Heritage has long advocated for a robust tax reform overhaul and will continue to show the need for major change on this issue.
Sound tax reform should achieve:
- Lower individual and business tax rates
- Establish the right tax base
- Eliminate the bias against savings and investment
- Eliminate tax preferences
- Simplify the tax system and make it more transparent so taxpayers fully understand how much they pay to fund the federal government
If a fair and functional tax reform is decided on, America could shed its current system, which leaves families struggling to get ahead.
Do you believe Congress will pass a conservative tax reform plan?